Monday, July 24, 2017

Pengertian, Penggunaan, dan Generic Structure INVITATION TEXT


A.    The meaning of Invitation:
1.      A spoken or written request for someone's presence or participation.
2.      A spoken or written request to do something
B.     The function of invitation:
To ask someone to go to a place or to do something.
C.     Types of Invitation:
a. Invitation Formal:
Formal Invitation is the official invitation usually written reply came from such institutions and companies etc.
b. Invitation Informal:
Informal invitation is not an official invitation written or oral and this invitation is usually given to friends, family and others
D.    How to Express the Invitation?

INVITING
  • Let’s go to the Jakarta Fair!
  • I hope you’ll come to my party.
  • Please try to come.
  • Would you like to come to my house?
  • Would you like to join us?
  • Are you free this afternoon?
  • I would like to invite you to…
ACCEPTING
·           I’d love to.
·           I like that.
·           It sounds interesting.
·           It’s very nice of you to invite me.
·           That would be wonderful.
·           That sounds great.
·           Thank you for the invitation.

REFUSING
  • I’d love to, but I can’t.
  • Sorry, I’m really busy.
  • I’d love to, but I have many home works.
  • I’m afraid I can’t.
  • I’m really sorry.
  • I’d love to, but I won’t be able to come, because…
  • Sorry I can’t. I have to go to Jakarta this evening.
E.     Generic Structure
1.      Address Heading:
This is the writer’s full address. An address Heading is optional for informal letters.
2.      Date:
This is day, month, and year that the letter is written on
Inside
3.      Address :
The recipient’s full name and address. Generally informal letters do not include an inside address.
4.      Greeting:
Also known salutation. This is the introductory phrase. Ex: dear....
5.      Subject line:
A word phrase to indicate the main subject of the letter. This is located directly after the “inside address”
6.      Body:
The complete text of the letter
7.      Closing:
This is the farewell phrase or word that precedes the signature and is followed by a comma. Ex: yours truly, regards, sincerely yours
8.      Signature:
The signed name of the writer.
9.      Postscript:
A brief sentence or paragraph introduced by the initials.
10.  Notation:
Part of a formal letter consisting of brief words or abbreviations as notations.

F.      Writing an invitation text usually include this points:
·         The name of the person sponsoring the event (who is the host/hostess?).
·         Exactly who is invited (can someone bring a guest, spouse, child?).
·         What type of social event is being held.
·         The date, address, and time of the event.
·         Directions or a simple map if the location may be difficult to find.
·         What type of dress is appropriate or preferred.
·         The phone number and deadline to reply; precede these facts with “RSVP” (RSVP is the abbreviation for the French phrase répondez s’il vous plaît, meaning ‘please answer’ letters printed on an invitation asking the person invited to reply.
·         Dress code is optional, we use it for asking people who have invited to wear suitable costume. If there is a dress code, state the preferred dress in the lower left-hand corner of the card.

1 comments: